What Do You Want to Do, Just For Fun?
Something my Son said to me yesterday morning, as I drove him to Chelmsford. Has stuck with me for the day. ‘I’d like to live in America and own a Range Rover – just for fun.’ He said.
This encouraged me to think about what I want to do ‘just for fun’ and for the first time in a long while, I couldn’t come up with anything. So I started to reflect on some of the fun things I’ve done whilst travelling, to try and inspire me to think of something new.
- Scuba Dive the Great Barrier Reef
- Kayak the Green Lakes in Rotorua
- Take a trip on a Crocodile Cruise
- Ride an Elephant in Thailand
- Drink Kava in Fiji
- Visit the location of the movie the Blue Lagoon
- Ride Aboard an Amtrak Train from San Francisco to New York
- Visit Pearl Harbour in Hawaii
- Travel the world with my family
- Say G’day to an Aussie
- Learn to Surf in Byron Bay
- Body Surfing in Wollongong Waves
- Eat a Crayfish in Kaikora
- Rub noses with a Maori
- Visit Australia Zoo as a tribute to Steve Irwin
- Cuddle a Koala
- Have a golden tree snake drop onto my belly
- Chill out on a Beach in Ibiza
- Taste Tapas
- Ride in a Tuk Tuk
- Abseil down a tall building
Sitting thinking about what has gone before, has led me into remembering what I want from the future:
- To run a Triathlon by the time I’m 50
- Keep Open water swimming
- Scuba Dive in the Maldives
- Learn to Free Dive
- Scuba Dive a Kelp Forest in California
- Visit Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Spend some time in Alcatraz
- Place my hands in Marilyn Monroe’s hand prints at the Chinese theatre in Hollywood
- Travel a tourist bus visiting the celebrity homes in the Hollywood Hills
- Scuba Dive with a Great White Shark
- Relax (the most difficult one of all!)
- Visit Silicon Valley
- Take a Tour of the Grand Canyon
- Laugh in Las Vegas
- Test the waters off Baja California
- Camp, Dive, Drive the West Coast of Australia
- Scuba Dive in the South Pacific with my Husband
- Learn to Speak Spanish fluently
- Relax in a Flotation Tank.
- Build my very own tentvillage in New Zealand
- Scuba Dive in Hawaii
- Visit Kilauea Volcano
It’s amazing how quickly, when you reflect on what has gone before, you can come up with what you want to do in the future. I think it taps into the memory muscle.
Here are a few I thought Up!
What would you like to do, just for fun?
I’d love to know your thoughts…